UNHCR-NGO Toolkit for Practical Cooperation on Resettlement: 1. Operational Activities - Participatory Assessments: Tools and Training Materials
Resettlement, June 2015
a) UNHCR Tool for Participatory Assessment in Operations
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees, UNHCR Tool for Participatory Assessment in Operations, May 2006, First edition
This Tool is the product of collaborative efforts, resulting from consultations and contributions from UNHCR staff and partners in the field and at headquarters in Geneva; it was piloted in 14 countries and was applied in 45 UNHCR field operations in 2014 through early 2015. UNHCR would like to thank all those who contributed to the development of this Tool. Any part thereof may be reproduced, translated into other languages or adapted to meet local needs without the prior permission of UNHCR provided that:
- All parts are distributed free of charge;
- UNHCR is acknowledged.
UNHCR would be grateful to receive copies of any adaptation or translation into other languages.
b) UNHCR Manual on a Community Based Approach in UNHCR Operations
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees, UNHCR Manual on a Community Based Approach in UNHCR Operations, March 2008
See also, UNHCR Guidance on Community Based Protection
c) UNHCR Heightened Risk Identification Tool (and User's Guide)
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees, The Heightened Risk Identification Tool, June 2010, Second Edition
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees, The Heightened Risk Identification Tool (User Guide), June 2010, Second Edition
The Heightened Risk Identification Tool (HRIT) has been developed to enhance UNHCR's effectiveness in identifying refugees at risk by linking community-based / participatory assessments and individual assessment methodologies. It has been designed for use by UNHCR staff involved in community services and/or protection activities (including resettlement) and partner agencies.