International Professional Staff
Recruitment of International Professional Staff
International Professional Officers generally serve abroad in positions that require a high level of functional and managerial skills. UNHCR does its best to fill vacant international professional positions internally. If no suitable internal candidate is identified, the organization reverts to external recruitment. Public advertisements may vary from a junior entry-level to a high managerial position. Different functional profiles have their specific requirements, but generally speaking candidates will need to have the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree (Bachelors or Masters) in a field relevant to the functions in the job description;
- Minimum three years of international working experience in the relevant functional area;
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least one other UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) with proficiency at the B2 level or above under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Additional languages are an asset;
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team;
- Willingness to serve in different countries every few years.
Information relating to entitlements and benefits can be found in the attached recruitment brochure.