UNHCR, and in particular the Department of International Protection, has published several handbooks and other legal publications. This page is meant to give quick access to those publications that are available electronically on the UNHCR website.
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 13 - Schengen Borders Code
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 16 - Council Directive on the Residence Permit Issued to Third-Country Nationals Who Are Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings or who Have Been the Subject of an Action to Facilitate Illegal Immigration, who Cooperate with the Competent Authorities
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 21 - Council Directive Defining the Facilitation of Unauthorised Entry, Transit and Residence
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 24 - Convention Implementing the Schengen Agreement
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 25 - The Stockholm Programme: An Open and Secure Europe Serving and Protecting Citizens
The "Handbook on Procedures and Criteria for Determining Refugee Status" with its complementary Guidelines, and other handbooks and guides for partners.
- Guidelines on International Protection No. 9: Claims to Refugee Status based on Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity within the context of Article 1A(2) of the 1951 Convention and/or its 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees, 23 October 2012
- Guidelines on International Protection No. 8: Child Asylum Claims under Articles 1(A)2 and 1(F) of the 1951 Convention and/or 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees, 22 December 2009
- Operational Protection in Camps and Settlements: A Reference Guide of Good Practices in the Protection of Refugees and Other Persons of Concern
- Guidelines on International Protection No. 7: The Application of Article 1A(2) of the 1951 Convention and/or 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees to Victims of Trafficking and Persons at Risk of Being Trafficked
- Procedural Standards for Refugee Status Determination under UNHCR's Mandate
The "Thematic Compilation of Executive Committee Conclusions", the Grahl-Madsen Commentary on the Refugee Convention and others.
- Thematic Compilation of General Assembly and Economic and Social Council Resolutions, 2nd edition, September 2011
- A Thematic Compilation of Executive Committee Conclusions (6th edition)
- Refugee Protection and Human Trafficking: Selected Legal Reference Materials, First Edition
- Collection of International Instruments and Legal Texts Concerning Refugees and Others of Concern to UNHCR
- UNHCR Manual on Refugee Protection and the ECHR (Updated August 2006)
Examining some of the most important asylum and protection issues faced in Western Europe, published 1995-2000.
- Integration Rights and Practices with Regard to Recognised Refugees in the Central European Countries: Part I, European Series, Vol.5, No.1
- Integration Rights and Practices with Regard to Recognised Refugees in the Central European Countries: Part II, European Series, Vol.5, No.1
- NGO Manual on Integration and Regional Instruments concerning Refugees and Human Rights, European Series, Vol.4, No.2
- Social Assessment of the Formerly Deported Population in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea: A Participatory Rapid Appraisal, European Series, Vol.4, No.1
- Citizenship and Prevention of Statelessness Linked to the Disintegration of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, European Series, Vol.3, No.1
Outcome of the June 2004 regional parliamentary conference held in Cotonou, Benin, and coorganized by the African Parliamentary Union and UNHCR, in association with the Inter-Parliamentary Union and ICRC.