Public Health Data
Using Data to Protect Refugee Health
UNHCR uses an online platform called Twine to manage and analyse public health data collected in refugee operations.
Data is collected using a number of different tools, which cover a range of sectors and operational settings. UNHCR and partners select the most appropriate combination of tools in Twine to design, monitor and evaluate their public health programmes.
The aim is to improve the health status of people of concern to UNHCR, through evidence-based policy formulation, improved management of health programmes and, ultimately, direct actions that improve refugee health.
The graphic below illustrates the tools that are currently supported in Twine. Visit the site and learn more.
If you have any questions or require further information on Twine, please contact us.
UNHCR annual reports on the protection and assistance status of public health interventions for persons of concern.
- UNHCR Public Health 2014 Annual Global Overview
- UNHCR 2014 Annual Public Health Overview - Asia
- UNHCR 2014 Annual Public Health Overview - Central Africa, West Africa, Great Lakes
- UNHCR 2014 Annual Public Health Overview - East and Horn of Africa and Southern Africa
- UNHCR 2014 Annual Public Health Overview - Middle East and North Africa